This Zazu mask pattern creates all the shapes for you, and painting it is really fun. With that bright orange beak, it will look stunning on stage in the Lion King play.
This is a downloadable PDF Pattern with full instructions. That means there’s no waiting and no shipping costs, and you can start on your project right away.
Click here if you’d like to know more about how the patterns are delivered. And remember – if you have any problems downloading your files or putting your pattern together, just let me know. I’m always happy to help. 😀
To make your Zazu mask:
Finished size: About 6 inches (15.24 cm) high, 7 inches (17.78 cm) wide and 14 inches (35.56 cm) long. The cap can be easily altered to fit the actor’s head.
Watch this video to see how to paint your Zazu mask:
To make your mask you will need:
- Copy paper or full-sheet labels (recommended)
- Glue stick if using copy paper for pattern
- Cardboard from 3 standard-sized cereal boxes
- Sharp scissors for cutting cardboard
- Tape, both clear plastic tape and masking tape
- Aluminum foil
- Glue gun
- 22 mm (.9 in) Styrofoam ball
- Newspaper strips and paste (or use light-weight brown paper and Titebond III wood glue, like I
did – recommended)
- Spray primer or acrylic gesso
- Acrylic paint and varnish
- Artists’ brushes
- Black felt. One sheet of 8” x 11” felt is enough for
several headdress masks.