Daily Sculptors Page

Join the conversation and share your paper mache sculptures with our supportive community.

Paper Mache Chihuahua
  • Tell us about the project you’re working on, even if it isn’t finished yet.
  • Ask for advice if you need it.
  • Help other readers find answers to their own questions about paper mache.
  • Show off your projects when they’re done so we can see how they came out. We love to see what other paper mache artists are doing.
  • And tell us a bit about yourself. We’re glad you’re here. Welcome!

12,056 thoughts on “Daily Sculptors Group Page

  1. These are some more of my projects, the 2 smaller ones armature are made of foam and the 2 larger ones are decoys i fixed with paper mach e clay.

  2. Hi everyone. Just in case you missed my latest newsletter, I want to make sure you take a look at my latest post. Even if you don’t need to make any paper mache smooth this week, you’ll still want to scroll down that page and see the announcement about our friend Rex Winn’s new book. (It isn’t about paper mache, but you’ll still want to see it) and give him a big thumb’s up for a job well done. 🙂

  3. Hi Jonni!
    I must tell you that you skills are just amazing! Thank you for sharing so much and for your correspondence to all the questions comments and sharing that other artist do! This format is invaluable!
    So my question is about the air dry clay recipe. How is this stored and for how long?
    I can’t wait to show you my projects! I just need to finish them up. Have 3 in the works!!

    • Hi Lyn – it sounds like you’ve been busy! The air dry clay will dry out really fast if you don’t keep it in an air-tight container. It also contains organic materials, so you’ll want to keep it in the ‘fridge if you don’t use up your entire batch in one sitting. If you take a longer break, you can even keep it in the freezer, and it will keep there almost indefinitely.

      I can’t wait to see your new sculptures!

  4. Hi Jonni
    I did the Lion head wall plaque I added whiskers to him & this is what I did.
    I found a small wiskbroom with light gray bristles, I wanted white or clear but couldn’t find any, then I simply pushed a small hole into the nose and glued in the bristles.

    Had great fun with this.


    • Great lion. It looks like everyone is having such fun with these and they are pleasing to look at.

      Can I add it to my list? Thanks for showing us. Now that I think about it, if I could make one, I have a perfect spot above the head of my bed for it! (It’s very difficult to find a little wall space in my house.)

      • I made the Lily petals using mulberry paper and Elmer’s Art Paste. The regular Elmer’s had too much tack and kept sticking the fine paper to my fingers, but the paste has a real slickness that made working with the paper easier. Also, I shaped a small cap of aluminum foil which I glued onto the eraser end of a pencil…it allowed me to layer and shape the delicate flower heads without having to grasp them. Before they were completely dry I popped them off of the aluminum and let them finish drying.

        • Excellent ideas, Susanne, and obviously very effective! Would you ever be interested in creating a guest post for the blog with step-by-step instructions for making flowers like this? I know many people would love to see it, if you just happen to take some photos as you’re making your next ones. If that sounds like fun, just let me know.

          • A guest post would be fun! Right now I’m in the process of relocating, though, so it will likely be a few months before I get settled in and back to sculpting.

            • Ah, yes – the joys of moving house. I totally understand – but do keep us in mind. We’ll look forward to seeing your guest post, whenever you have time to write it.

    • Susanne, I can’t wait for your tutorial. These are the most favorite petals I have ever seen. Really great job. Thanks.

    • Susan, these are fantastic! I’ve tried making flowers before, and it’s no easy thing to get the leaves thin enough. Thanks for sharing!

    • Nuts! When are you going to get the body finished? (LOL) Really, with all those teeth, tongue, everything, you could do a body in half that time. I love it.

  5. Thanks, Jonni! It always means a lot to me to hear that you like my sculptures.
    I’ve just been referring to him as ‘Mystery Critter’…I spent a long time on this little guy and was so relieved to be done with him that I didn’t think of naming him anything special. =)

    I have a few more to share: a bonsai, a dragon, a zebra, and a Lily of the Valley and Echinacea.

Leave a Comment

Heads up! You are attempting to upload an invalid image. If saved, this image will not display with your comment.

Heads up! You are attempting to upload a file that's too large. Please try a smaller file smaller than 250KB.

Note that images greater than 250KB will not be uploaded.