Dragon Mask Pattern
This dragon mask is easy to make, with just a few pieces of cereal box cardboard.
No sculpting experience required – the pattern creates all the shapes for you. You decide what your dragon’s horns will look like, and paint him with your favorite dragon colors.
Your mask will catch the attention of everyone who sees it — and you can proudly say “I made it myself!”
How to Make Your Dragon Mask:
Full instructions come with the pattern. You can also refer back to the helpful video on this page to see how all the pieces are taped together.
Finished size: About 10 inches (25.4 cm) high, 9 inches (22.86 cm) wide and 18 inches (45.72 cm) deep – but the finished size depends on how long you make the horns.
My downloadable PDF Patterns come with full instructions.
There’s no waiting for your pattern to arrive, and no shipping costs, so you can start on your project right away.
Click here if you’d like to know more about how the patterns are delivered. And remember – if you have any problems downloading your files or putting your pattern together, just let me know. I’m always happy to help. 😀
How to Tape the Pieces Together:
To Make Your Dragon Mask You Will Need:
- The Pattern
- Access to a Printer
- Copy paper or full-sheet labels
- Glue stick if using copy paper for pattern
- Cardboard from 4 standard-sized cereal boxes.
- Sharp scissors for cutting cereal box cardboard
- Clear plastic tape and masking tape Note: Don’t use disappearing gift wrap tape – it isn’t strong enough.
- Aluminum foil
- Glue gun
- Paper strips and paste (find recipes here) I used lightweight brown paper with Titebond III Wood Glue.
- Acrylic gesso or latex primer
- Acrylic paint and varnish, any colors you choose
* If purchasing cardboard in place of the cereal boxes, it will be sold as “light chipboard.” The thickness will be about 24pt or 1/41 of an inch. Medium or heavy chipboard is too stiff to bend well.