This Pumbaa mask pattern creates all the shapes for you — and it’s fun to add the warthog tusks and those crazy warts. He’ll be a huge hit when he appears on stage in the Lion King play.
To Make Your Pumbaa Mask:
Finished size: About 7 inches (17.78cm) high, 10 inches (25.4 cm) wide and 14 inches (35.56 cm) deep. The cap can be easily altered to fit your head.
My downloadable PDF Patterns come with full instructions.
There’s no waiting for your pattern to arrive, and no shipping costs, so you can start on your project right away.
Click here if you’d like to know more about how the patterns are delivered. And remember – if you have any problems downloading your files or putting your pattern together, just let me know. I’m always happy to help. 😀
Watch this video to learn more about the Pumbaa Mask Pattern:
To make your mask you will need:
- Copy paper or full-sheet labels (recommended)
- Glue stick if using copy paper for pattern
- Cardboard from 5 standard-sized cereal boxes
- Sharp scissors for cutting cardboard
- Tape, both clear plastic tape and masking tape
- Aluminum foil for the warts, tusks and eyebrows
- Glue gun
- 32 mm (1.25 in) Styrofoam ball
- Newspaper strips and paste (or use light-weight brown paper and Titebond III wood glue, like I
did – recommended)
- Spray primer
- Acrylic paint and varnish
- Artists’ brushes
- Dark twine, jute or yarn for the mane
- White glue for the mane
- Black felt. One sheet of 8” x 11” felt is enough for
several headdress masks.
More Lion King Headdress Mask Patterns:
Do you have a question or need help with your pattern?
If you have a question about putting your pattern together or painting it, leave a comment below or on the Daily Sculptors page. I read all comments and answer them as soon as I can, usually within a few hours. Some of my readers might ideas for you, too — we have a very supportive community on this site.
Downloading your files: To see exactly how the downloading process should work, click here. If your pattern doesn’t download correctly and you can’t see the solution on that page, let me know right away so I can help. This is a one-person business, but I check my inbox regularly and will respond as fast as I can.