Hyena Headdress Mask Pattern –
For the Hyenas in
the Lion King Play
These headdress-style hyena masks are easy to make with this pattern and cardboard from a few cereal boxes. Tape the pieces together. Then just add paper mache and paint.
Your hyena can be sweet and lovable, or he can be mean and crafty – customizing his look is easy. See the video below to see how.
What happens after you order:
This is a downloadable PDF Pattern with full instructions, so there’s no waiting, and no shipping costs. You can start on your project right away.
Be sure to download your pattern directly to your computer or device, so you can access it again later.
To make your hyena mask:
Finished size: About 9 inches (22.86 cm) high, 11 inches (27.94 cm) wide and 14 inches (35.56 cm)
Watch this video to see how to customize your hyena mask:
And watch the video below to see a fast, easy way to cover your mask with paper mache.
A lion helped with this video, but the method works just as well for the hyena masks. 🙂
For each paper mache Hyena Masks you will need:
- Copy paper or full-sheet labels (recommended)
- Glue stick if using copy paper for pattern
- Cardboard from 5 standard-sized cereal boxes
- Paper towels
- Sharp scissors for cutting cardboard
- Tape, both clear plastic tape and masking tape
- Aluminum foil
- Glue gun
- 3 cm Styrofoam ball
- Paper strips and paste (or use brown paper and Titebond III wood glue like I did – recommended)
- White primer or acrylic gesso
- Acrylic paint and varnish
- Artists’ brushes
- Black felt