The First Wise Man Gets Two Friends – and a New, Sturdier Base
This is the second video in this series. If you haven’t seen the first video yet, click here to watch it.
In this session I changed the way the figures are attached to the base, I made the wire armatures for two more Wise Men, and I used Super Sculpey for the new heads, the feet and the sandals.
The other videos in this series:
- Part 1: Creating the wire armature and sculpting the head
- Part 3: Adding the Air Dry Clay
- Part 4: Finishing the details and painting the 3 Wise Men
In the next video, the foil will be covered with the air dry clay, and they’ll be ready for their final details and paint.
If you’d like to see more figure sculpting videos in the future, be sure to hit the ‘like’ button to let me know.
Some helpful links:
- Mary McDougal’s wise men that she made 45 years ago
- My Air Dry Clay recipe (it’s the recipe I’ll use for the Wise Men’s clothes)
- Link to Super Sculpey on Amazon.com
- Link to Magic Sculpt on Amazon.com
- The heavy 1/8″ armature wire I’m using
- The light wire I used for the feet loops
If you’d like to make some of the critters behind me in the video, you can find patterns for them (and many more) here.
If you make some Wise Men – or anything else – we’d love to see they come out. You can show off your work on the Daily Sculptors Page.
And be sure to let me know if you would like to see more figure sculptures or sculptures made with either polymer clay or epoxy clay. I’m having fun with this project, but I won’t know if you’d like to see more projects like this unless you tell me. 🙂