This is a reader-supported site. When you buy through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Thanks for your support! 🙂
I got the 3 Wise Men finished before Christmas, but it was a slow process.
There’s still quite a bit of work to do on these fellows, and I’ll show you what I did to finish them in the next video.
In this video, the air dry clay is added to cover up the foil armature. They’re starting to look really nice, even though they still aren’t painted.
The other videos in this series:
- Part 1: Creating the wire armature and sculpting the head
- Part 2: Changing the Base and Adding Two More Wise Men
- Part 4: Finishing the details and painting the 3 Wise Men
When you make your Three Wise Men, will you dress them in the Three Kings style, with bright colors and lots of bling, or do you prefer the plain and simple Zoroastrian priest idea? I’d love to hear your thoughts on the subject, so please leave a comment and let us know.
Links to things mentioned in the video:
- The little elf/gnome/Santa video can be found here.
- Here’s another Santa I didn’t mention, but he’s kind of fun. ?
- Silky-Smooth Air Dry Clay Recipe
- The sculpting tools I’m using
You can find the easy patterns for the sculptures and masks behind me in the video here.
Take care, take your Vitamin D – and go make something! ?