The Three Wise Men sculptures are finally done.
It was really fun using so many different materials in this project. I also used images and materials from a lot of different cultures:
- The turbans were worn by men in Afghanistan;
- The robes came (sort of) from old drawings of Persian Zoroastrian priests;
- Tthe sandals are Persian, Arabian and North African;
- And I used ribbons from Turkey and Italy.
I managed to get the sculptures finished before Christmas. I wrapped them in lots of bubble wrap and shipped them to my father and his wife. They love them, and the Three Wise Men look really nice on their mantle.
If you missed the other three Wise Men videos, you can find them here:
- Part 1: Creating the wire armature and sculpting the head
- Part 2: Changing the Base and Adding Two More Wise Men
- Part 3: Adding the Air Dry Clay
Some helpful links, if you’re making some figure sculptures for your holiday decor:
- Color Mixing Recipes for Portraits
- Super Sculpey
- Magic Sculpt
- Silky Smooth Air Dry Clay Recipe
- Ribbons for the Wise Men’s Scarves
Note – some of the links are affiliate links. If you click on them, thanks for your support!
And to find patterns for the animals behind me in the video, click here.