This is a reader-supported site. When you buy through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Thanks for your support! 🙂
Part 1 of a 4-Part Series:
Making the Three Wise Men from the Christmas story.
There’s also a simple wooden base that I actually had to make over – you’ll see why in the next video.
The other videos in this series:
- Part 2: Changing the Base and Adding Two More Wise Men
- Part 3: Adding the Air Dry Clay
- Part 4: Finishing the details and painting the 3 Wise Men
If you’d like to see more figure sculpting videos in the future, be sure to let me know in the comments below. And I promise I’ll try to get more of the next video in focus – that’s always a big challenge for me when working on something this small.
I mentioned a few links in the video, and here they are:
- Air Dry Clay recipe.
- Patrick Keith’s armature diagrams.
- Debbie Court’s figure sculpting tutorial.
- Ace of Clay’s YT channel
- Josh Foreman’s portrait tutorials
- The painting I’m using as a model for the Wise Man’s head.
- The drawings I’m using as a model for his clothes.
- Link to Super Sculpey on Amazon.com
- Link to Magic Sculpt on Amazon.com
If you’re curious about the critters behind me in the video, you can find patterns for them here.
If you decide to make the Three Wise Men or any other Christmas-themed sculpture, I really hope you’ll show it off on the Daily Sculptors page. We would love to see it!