Another book about Giants gave me a new excuse to play around with clay. 🙂
I really didn’t need any DIY art therapy today (the moose has decided to cooperate with me) but I still wanted to get my hands in the clay. It really does feel good. If you haven’t done any just-for-fun clay sculpting lately, you’re missing out!
I actually have a whole drawer full of sculpting tools. You sure couldn’t tell from this video, could you? 😊
Links to stuff used or mentioned in the video:
- If you didn’t see the previous giant portrait video, you can find it here.
- If you’re looking for a faster, sillier way to sculpt faces, be sure to check out my book Fast Faces: Unleash Your Creativity With a Friendly Lump of Clay, available on Amazon.co.
- If you’d like to use my face sculpting form, you can find it here.
- The Giants book I used today for inspiration.
- WED clay.
- Clay from your local pottery supply store is fun to work with, too – and it’s a lot less expensive.
- DistortionsUnlimited has a great video on YouTube explaining the benefits of sculpting with wet WED clay here: https://youtu.be/gBc7Ey3oSkQ
- And check out my sculpting patterns (for the paper mache masks and sculptures behind me in the video).