My downloadable PDF Patterns with full instructions.
That means there’s no waiting and no shipping costs, and you can start on your project right away.
Click here if you’d like to know more about how the patterns are delivered. And remember – if you have any problems downloading your files or putting your pattern together, just let me know. I’m always happy to help. 😀
To make your cat mask:
- Print the downloadable pattern on copy paper or full-sheet labels.
- Attach the pieces to the cardboard from two cereal boxes.
- Tape the pieces together.
- Cover the mask with either paper strips and paste or a very thin layer of Jonni’s paper mache clay recipe.
- Then add some acrylic paint to turn it into a truly one-of-a-kind work of art, by using your favorite kitty as a model.
You can find paper mache recipes in the Art Library on this site. When you use one layer of paper mache on both the inside and outside of this mask, it will be surprisingly strong, but still very light.
Finished size: About 9.5 inches (24 cm) high, 9 inches (23 cm) wide and 9.5 inches (24 cm) deep if built as a helmet-style mask, or 3” deep (8 cm) if built as a wall display mask.
Watch the video to see how easy it is to make your paper mache mask:
To make the cat mask you will need:
- Copy paper or full-sheet labels
- Glue stick if you print your pattern on copy paper
- Cardboard from 2 standard-sized cereal boxes*
- Knife or sharp scissors for cutting cardboard
- Tape, either clear plastic tape or masking tape
- Paper strips and paste or paper mache clay**
- Acrylic gesso or spray primer
- Drywall joint compound (optional – for smoothing paper strips and paste before painting – see video above)
- Acrylic paint and matte varnish
Do you have a question or need help with your pattern?
If you have a question about putting your pattern together or painting it, leave a comment below or on the Daily Sculptors page. I read all comments and answer them as soon as I can, usually within a few hours. Some of my readers might ideas for you, too — we have a very supportive community on this site.
Downloading your files: To see exactly how the downloading process should work, click here. If your pattern doesn’t download correctly and you can’t see the solution on that page, let me know right away so I can help. This is a one-person business, but I check my inbox regularly and will respond as fast as I can.