I realized a few days ago that I forgot to show you how the concrete lion head came out. I added a bronze coating from Sculpt Nouveau, and didn’t like the green patina. I went over it with iron coating, and added the Tiffany green patina heavily to make it rust. Now I like it a lot better.
I also figured out how to get a nice casting with the Quikwall, by using a “plasticizer” in the mix.
Links to some of the things mentioned in the video:
- Quickwall fiber-reinforced cement It’s available at my local Lowes, but not available in some areas. Not sure why.
- Julie’s Concrete Mountain Lion tutorial
- Rebound 25 Silicone mold-making material:
- Buddy Rhodes plasticizer:
- Concrete Acrylic Fortifier: — I didn’t test the finished piece to see if it was stronger than a lion I made without the fortifier.
- And here’s an older post showing the process of making a mold with the Rebound 25: