Made by Rhonda Ward
This funky little dude started as an experiment. My first entirely tinfoil armature. And to get rid of the last of a batch of paper mache clay. I thought he was horrible. So he sat on the shelf for over a year, half covered in clay, and every time I moved him, his toothpick legs would fall out because I couldn’t find my glue gun…did I mention I thought he was ugly? So I decided last month it was high time I tried Jonni’s Silky Smooth Air Dry Clay. Started a couple of new projects, and why not work on Thunder again. I never glued in his legs, and his feet are globs of clay. Gesso’ed, painted and was holding him looking at the black glaze and–dropped him! But he seemed fine so I put him on the shelf to dry and forgot about him for a week. When I picked him up to work on his paint job again, it seems he must have landed on his nose when I dropped him. Time for some more experimenting I guess. I’ll post again if I ever get him fixed and finished. And maybe you will remember how Thunder the mini pony became Thunderstruck.
4 thoughts on “Thunderstruck”
We all have projects like that…kudos t you for going back to finish him! He turned out really cute and I hope you can give him the appropriate nose job!
Thank you, Eileen! Even though the broken nose is a setback, I’m glad I didn’t toss him in the trash. Now I get to learn how to repair a crack, heee.
He’s absolutely adorable hopefully his nose will endure a good fix thanks for the share!
Thank you, Corinna!