Made by Joanne Bookmyer
I started this project with a pattern I made for just the legs and head. Figured I didn’t need one for the body because It was just a big old potato shape. Big mistake. First I decided that the body was too short so I chopped him in half and added a couple of inches. Then I looked at it and realized I’d managed to glue-gun his back legs on upside down (knees facing the sky) and his head was way off center- so I cut them off (see photo 2). Then I cut off his ears and moved them a bit. After that I decided the body was still too short so I chopped him in half yet again (photo 3) and added more inches. So, after all that he looks nothing like what I had in mind but I think he turned out okay anyway. Oh, Mr Pickle solved my last problem – I didn’t make sure his front feet were flat to the floor so they were floating in the air. Life would definitely have been easier if I had started with one of Jonni’s brilliant patterns.