Selfie-Monkey Mask Pattern
A Mask as Strange and Weird as the Real Selfie Monkey
Use this easy pattern to create a paper mache Selfie-Monkey mask with just two cereal boxes, paper mache and acrylic paint.
You’ll be the only one in town with a Selfie-Monkey mask – until your friends beg you to make one for them, too.
You can make this cat mask with the cardboard from two cereal boxes. Tape the pieces together, and then cover them with paper mache.
The downloadable PDF pattern comes with full instructions for printing the pattern and putting the pieces together.
Finished size: About 12 inches (30 cm) high, 8 inches (20 cm) wide and 6 inches (15 cm) deep.
Finishing Your Selfie-Monkey Mask:
You can cover your selfie-monkey mask with traditional paper strips and paste, or with my paper mache clay recipe. You can see how I applied a paper-thin layer of paper mache clay to my selfie-monkey mask in the video below. To see how to use traditional paper mache strips and paste instead, see the video on this page.
After the paper mache is dry, just paint the mask as shown in the second video, and you’re done.
To make the selfie-monkey mask you will need:
- Copy paper or full-sheet labels
- Glue stick if you print your pattern on copy paper
- Cardboard from 2 standard-sized cereal boxes
- Knife or sharp scissors for cutting cardboard
- Tape, either clear plastic tape or masking tape
- A few small pieces of aluminum foil
- Paper strips and paste or paper mache clay
- Yarn, straw, raffia or other material you have on hand for the selfie-monkey’s crest
- Acrylic gesso
- Acrylic paint (or black spray paint, optional) and matte acrylic varnish
You might also like:
To see even more patterns for sculptures and masks, click here.
You can ask in the comment field below. I read all the comments, and I’ll get back to you as soon as I can. Or send me an email – [email protected] – be sure to put “paper mache” in the subject line so your email won’t get accidentally deleted.