I just started on a sculpture of a rooster, using WED clay, plaster cloth, and (next video) Magic Sculpt epoxy clay.
I used the materials I had on hand. If you’d like to make a rooster portrait and you don’t have these materials, watch the video to see how you could achieve the same thing using items you already have in the house.
Links mentioned in the video:
- The rooster pattern I used – click here to download
- My other sculpting patterns
- Easier chicken project
- Book I mentioned: Ersatz in the Confederacy
- Sara’s Guest Post about Sculpting Angel Wings
- Video about applying paper mache over wet clay
- WED clay
- Fast-Setting plaster cloth
- Magic Sculpt
If I forgot any, please let me know. 🙂
Be sure to watch for the next post – I’ve already started removing the clay from the inside of the plaster cloth shell, and I’ll begin adding the Magic Sculpt during puppy’s afternoon nap. This fellow should be done in a day or two.
And if you make a rooster sculpture, please come back and show it off on the Daily Sculptors page. We’d love to see how it comes out.