I just started on a sculpture of a rooster, using WED clay, plaster cloth, and (next video) Magic Sculpt epoxy clay.
I used the materials I had on hand, and I just happened to have some WED clay. (I love working with it, so I always have some in the studio.)
If you’d like to make a rooster portrait and you don’t have these materials, watch the video to see how you could achieve the same thing using sculpting materials you already have in the house.
Links mentioned in the video:
- The rooster pattern I used – click here to download
- My other sculpting patterns
- Easier chicken project
- Book I mentioned: Ersatz in the Confederacy
- Sara’s Guest Post about Sculpting Angel Wings
- Video about applying paper mache over wet clay
- WED clay
- Fast-Setting plaster cloth
- Magic Sculpt
If I forgot any, please let me know. 🙂
Be sure to watch the next post to see how I added the Magic Sculpt during my puppy’s afternoon nap. This rooster portrait didn’t take long to make.
And if you make a rooster sculpture, please come back and show it off on the Daily Sculptors page. We’d love to see how it comes out.