Make a Playful Paper Mache Baby Panda Bear

Easy Pattern for a Paper Mache Baby Panda

$7
Make a Playful Paper Mache Baby Panda Bear

This playful paper mache panda is adorable – and you can proudly say “I made it myself!”

My downloadable PDF Patterns come with full instructions.

There’s no waiting for your pattern to arrive, and no shipping costs, so you can start on your project right away.

Click here if you’d like to know more about how the patterns are delivered. And remember – if you have any problems downloading your files or putting your pattern together, just let me know. I’m always happy to help.  😀

This easy pattern for a paper mache panda has been used by hundreds of people of all ages.

If you’ve never used a pattern to create a sculpture before, this is a good one to start with. After you cut out your pattern on cardboard, you fill out the rounded shapes with crumpled paper and masking tape. Then add a few layers of paper strips and paste, and paint.

The 10-page PDF has the printable pattern and complete instructions for putting your baby panda together.

Note: Although this panda would be cute in a baby’s room, the acrylic paint and the joint compound on his fur are not edible. Use child-safe art supplies if you want to put the sculpture in a baby’s room.

$7
Make a Playful Paper Mache Baby Panda Bear
Pay Securely with Stripe or PayPal

How to make your baby panda:

I made the following video a long time ago, before I started charging for patterns to support the costs of this website. I mention the word ‘free’ a couple of times in the video. Just ignore those parts, and watch the video. You’ll see all the steps needed to put your baby panda together and cover him with paper mache.

To make this paper mache sculpture you will need:

• A printer (or copy the pattern by hand
  • Scissors
  • Recycled newspaper
  • Masking tape
  • Flour and water paste
  • A small amount of drywall joint compound (optional – I used it to get a light texture for the fur, but your panda will look just fine without it.)
  • Acrylic paint
  • Matte acrylic varnish
  • A small rubber ball or stuffed animal, for the baby panda to hold.
$7
Make a Playful Paper Mache Baby Panda Bear
Pay Securely with Stripe or PayPal

You may also like…

Do you have a question or need help with your pattern?

If you have a question about putting your pattern together or painting it, leave a comment below or on the Daily Sculptors page. I read all comments and answer them as soon as I can, usually within a few hours. Some of my readers might ideas for you, too — we have a very supportive community on this site.

Downloading your files: To see exactly how the downloading process should work, click here.  If your pattern doesn’t download correctly and you can’t see the solution on that page, let me know right away so I can help. This is a one-person business, but I check my inbox regularly and will respond as fast as I can.

Make a Playful Paper Mache Baby Panda Bear

131 thoughts on “Make a Playful Paper Mache Baby Panda Bear”

1. help i have not tried this yet me and my mum are thinkin about it please tell me if it is hard :S

p.s how long did it take to make
    pps.do you need pva glue cos we dont have any

• Hi Jasmine. I’m not sure how “hard” the project might be for you. I would definitely call it at least “semi-advanced,” but that doesn’t mean that a beginner shouldn’t give it a try.

And if you use traditional paper strips and paste made from flour and water, you don’t need glue. I use a lot of Elmer’s Glue-all in my new projects, because it’s an ingredient in the paper mache clay recipe – but traditional paper mache doesn’t need anything but paper, flour and water.

2. terrible! not i am making a paper mache body from da shoulders to the head bout it is for an ester egg comp so it has to be small! but big enough for 2 boileb eggs to sit on da shoulder peas help

• Emily, you can change the size of the pattern by changing the size of the grid you use when you transfer the pattern to cardboard. However, the panda I designed was obviously not intended for holding boiled eggs (!) so you’ll have to redesign your pattern and panda for that use.

3. WOW i have started doing this project 2day it’s not going bad but would never be as good as yours its amazing (yours) i hope mine does go as well and i finish it 2day well papier mache anyway how long did it take you to do this project??? I started it at about 1 but had an hour break in between fingers crossed it goes well!

byex

• I can’t remember how long it took. I used the traditional paper strips and paste, so it took longer than it would have if I’d used the paper mache clay. I hadn’t come up with the recipe yet when I made the panda.

Let us know how your panda turns out.

4. Hi my name is lucy, im 17 & we’re working with paper mache in my art II class, i decided i wanted to do a panda for my project but i already made the head & body w/two round balloons so idk if it’ll come out looking like a panda at all & its due next wednesday so i might not finish…really wished i could have visited your site before, it was really helpful I love your panda!!!

5. Margot (7 years) and Micole (6 years) are making a Pnada just like yours, tomorrow we are passing to the paper mache phase. We will keep you updated. When it is finished we will send you the photos.

6. That is the coolest paper mache I ever saw.
    My mom and I are trying to make it.
    It’s coming out good.
    Garret, nine years old

7. I’m just getting ready to do a sculpture of a friend’s little dog, so I came back to this tutorial for a review of your technique, which I plan to try out on this project. I’m excited to get started! I’ve been looking forward to trying your method. If it isn’t too awful, maybe I’ll show you my results. 🙂
    Thanks again for sharing with us!

8. Hello my name is Miranda and I am 17 years old. I have recently taken up paper mache as a hobby and have found your site to be a great help with projects and ideas. In fact, I am currently working on your Playful Panda and it is coming along nicely. I just wanted to let you know you have a wonderful site and can’t wait to see more of your work.

9. I will starting making it today. I tried making the paper mache pig and it came out great, but it wasn’t as nice as your’s.

10. Génial… on s’attend a voir votre panda prendre vie… merci infiniment de ce partage..j’adore le papier maché et votre maniere de le traiter. Votre site est une mine d’or;; marie