Made by Eileen
I am always looking for new projects for my paper mache class that won’t be too difficult as to frustrate but be challenging enough that the students are not bored. I remembered Jonni’s Humpty Dumpty and thought I would try it to see if it would fit the bill…and it did! I did it differently than Jonni did. She used a balloon and plaster cloth to get the oval egg shape. I just used crushed up newspaper and masking tape and then applied the smooth air dry clay. It is not perfectly smooth as an actual egg but it worked. I did need to apply several layers to some spots to get it mostly round. When I teach this, I will need to emphasize a good armature or there will be a lot of misshapen Humpty ‘s out there! Maybe they can represent after the fall! He still needs a glazing of raw umber and glazing liquid but I need to wait for the paint to fully cure.