Made by Diana Dwelle
I just finished my horse. Took me longer than expected as 2 major snowstorms made 7’ drifts on our porch and road! Kept us busy. All is well now and we’re happy for the moisture! I call my horse Stormy Day! His mane was my biggest challenge. I wanted it to flow slightly back as if in a breeze but getting it to look natural was, I think, more than I could handle!
I tried using aluminum foil to give it shape and texture while it dried, with limited success. The paste used to stiffen it enough to hold it’s shape left a grey tone to the black crochet thread I used so I painted as best as I could with black acrylic paint. I used a sponge to get the dappled color I wanted.
All in all, I’m happy with him! Hopefully I’ll improve with practice! I love watching your videos! They are so inspiring and easy to follow! Thanks for all the work you put into them!