Made by Talia Baker
I was looking for a clay that didn’t need to be baked and was easy to work with without getting crumbly when dry. I happened upon your site and just had to try your paper mache clay! My first experiment seems to be a success! I modified a gourd, used some balsa wood and foil for added definition to the armature, and then added paper mache clay from twice shredded paper. I made it a bit wet and sticky at first. I finished off the top half of the roof with a less sticky tp paper mache clay. I love how it worked out. I will continue to experiment and share my results.
3 thoughts on “Fairy House – Gourd Experiment”
Your fairy house is a success. I love the texture on the roof. Great job!
How cute is that!!!!
Very creative. I love the fairy house and the smoke coming out of the chimney. All of it. Thanks.