Get a fast start on your next paper mache project or hand-made gift with Jonni’s easy downloadable patterns for masks, animal sculptures and faux trophy mounts. The patterns help you create a beautiful work of art, even if you’ve never sculpted anything before.
Well, this is sort of the sausage-making version of sculpture. But I think he’ll come out OK in the end. The body armature is only about 1/3 finished, and there are still a lot of decisions to make. Probably a lot more changes coming, too, as I continue to change my mind every 15 minutes.
It was fun working on him outside, but the weather is turning stormy, so I guess I’ll have to finish him down in the basement. That means he not only has to fit through my front door, he also has to be a shape that can be maneuvered through the kitchen and down the basement stairs. Wish me luck.
See all of the posts for this paper mache clay dragon:
- Beginning the Dragon
- Making the Dragon’s Head, Part 1
- Making the Dragon’s Head, Part 2 – the Plaster Cloth
- You Are Here – Dragon Armature Started. Problems Ensue…
- Dragon Armature Progress Report
- Big Dragon Gets His Paper Mache Skin
- Dragon Wings – Aluminum WireForm Mesh by Amaco
- Painting the Dragon – Finally!