This is a reader-supported site. When you buy through links on this site, I may earn an affiliate commission. Thanks for your support! 🙂
In this video, I show how I made the clay form for my dragon’s head. This might not be the best way to do it, since I’ll now have to create the armature for hte body the right size to fit the head. It did work though. To be honest, though, this paper mache dragon took considerably longer than I thought it would, and it became way too heavy. You’ll see why as you watch more of the videos.
Next video, I’ll add the plaster cloth and then remove the clay, leaving a hollow head. After that, I get to make a trip to the building supply store for some foam insulation board to use as the pattern for the body armature. This dragon is going to be a lot bigger than I intended. I guess that’s OK, as long as I don’t make him too big to go through doors!
See all of the posts for this paper mache clay dragon:
- Beginning the Dragon
- You Are Here – Making the Dragon’s Head, Part 1
- Making the Dragon’s Head, Part 2 – the Plaster Cloth
- Dragon Armature Started. Problems Ensue…
- Dragon Armature Progress Report
- Big Dragon Gets His Paper Mache Skin
- Dragon Wings – Aluminum WireForm Mesh by Amaco
- Painting the Dragon – Finally!