Made by Chrissie MacLean
Blue Cheeked Butterfly fish.
First time user of the recipe but been doing Paper Mache for a long time. You really inspired me to get doing it again Jonni, so thank you. I changed the flour for talcum powder and didn’t measure the amount added as I was just wanting to get on with it (typical of me). I also rushed the soaking of the toilet paper. I did the first soak and squeeze to get the right amount but didn’t soak it further. It is a tad lumpy because of this…. lesson learned. These were really skinny fish too so I had to be careful to not be the cause of any weight gain. I used double layer of Italian crepe paper for fins/tail etc. It’s strong and had the lines already in it that fins have. Glued using PVA glue they become very strong and can be shaped a bit as they dry. Don’t try to shape after as they can snap at the pressure point (yep… I did that).