Bassett hound

Made by Joanne Bookmyer

And my second attempt – using Jonni’s pattern. I used some old styrofoam to make the base. It worked really well (except I didn’t take into account that the top of his skull needed to be wider than his nose so his head ended up being out of proportion to his body). I kind of like it though. I was even able to get a bend in the body by cutting a couple of wedges. My husband suggested using dried beans for his toes (wrapped in aluminum) which worked out well. I was afraid to try painting the eyes so I got some from Etsy. The video tutorials had just enough information and helped tremendously. Thank you for sharing your expertise!

paper mache basset hound

1 thought on “Bassett hound”

  1. Joanne, I’m taking my dog for a walk now. I will be laughing the whole way. Your basset hound is wonderful. The expression is priceless. The form may not be perfect this time, but the content is out of this world. I wouldn’t mind him sitting on my shelf. Thanks for sharing. Can’t wait to see what you do next. Joyful as can be.

    Reply

Leave a Comment

Heads up! You are attempting to upload an invalid image. If saved, this image will not display with your comment.

Heads up! You are attempting to upload a file that's too large. Please try a smaller file smaller than 250KB.

Note that images greater than 250KB will not be uploaded.