Arabian Horse

Made by Kevin Doheny

I used Jonni’s Horse pattern to make this Arabian horse costume for our theater’s production of Aladdin. I enlarged the pattern 150%. Although I’ve done lots of paper mache, I made this horse out of lightweight EVA foam due to weight restrictions on our young actors. Thanks to Jonni’s perfect pattern, my 1/4″ thick foam glued together nicely using contact cement. I used foam clay (Foam Mo) to sculpt the fine details around the eyes and nose/muzzle. I also used EVA foam to make the rear end and tail. There is an internal frame made out of thin lightweight aluminum. The whole costume only weighs about 6 lbs. I hope my horse is inspiring to others! Thank you Jonni for your awesome pattern!!

Arabian Horse Costume by Kevin Doheny

Arabian Horse Costume for OGM Theater

 

1 thought on “Arabian Horse”

Leave a Comment

Heads up! You are attempting to upload an invalid image. If saved, this image will not display with your comment.

Heads up! You are attempting to upload a file that's too large. Please try a smaller file smaller than 250KB.

Note that images greater than 250KB will not be uploaded.