I move to my new house next Tuesday, so I’ve been boxing up my books and art supplies–again! If you’ve noticed that I’ve been a bit slow answering your comments, that’s my excuse.
I have no new projects to report, obviously, and I’m not sure when I’ll get my next one started, but I am thinking about what I want to do next. I already have several books I want to write (my latest book, which has nothing whatsoever to do with paper mache, is done, by the way). However, I’m pretty sure I’ll have time to make some videos, too. And that’s where you come in…
I had a lot of fun with the video “class” about making a paper mache cat. I had hoped to do more of them, but then I got this crazy idea to move to South Dakota, and it’s impossible to make videos in my little rental house. (Not enough light, and the blue walls make me look green…) The house I just bought, however, has a lot of light and plenty of room to play around in, so I think it may soon be time for another how-to series.
I still have to move all my stuff, of course, and paint a few walls, and all the other things one does when one moves into a new house–so there’s plenty of time to decide what the next video series should be about. I hope you’ll post a comment here on the blog and help me decide. Should it be a really big sculpture that takes weeks, or something little and whimsical? Should it be realistic, funny, holiday-related – or what? Free-standing, wall hanging, two-legged, four-legged, six? Chime in, please.
And now, I have to go find that packing tape. I know I put it here somewhere…[Edit, began 1/13/13] We’re getting some wonderful ideas, and I thought it might be easiest if I put them here on a list. I can’t do them all at once, obviously, but they all sound like so much fun. Feel free to “vote” on the one you want to start on first. I’ll add to the list as more ideas come in. (The ones with ** are things I’ve been thinking about making for my own house.)
- Bunny rabbit, with long ears, and perhaps wearing a tutu (edit – there’s now a video series about the ballerina bunny, beginning here.)
- Whimsical dragon or other mythical creature, with lots of different textures
- One of the 1911 Looff horses from the Santa Cruz Boardwalk Carousel, big enough to sit on
- Easter basket that includes bunnies in the design
- Life-sized Pomeranian with a foxy cut
- **A group of faux-iron ravens (edit - I made one faux-iron raven. The video series about him begins here.)
- **Frog or Toad reading a book (major copyright violation, I know, but it would be fun to give it to the local library)